For those who’re like most individuals, you most likely grew up snacking on crackers as a child. Fortunately, there’s no want to surrender this standard snack whereas on a grain-free weight-reduction plan. These grain-free crackers function a couple of easy components they usually’re a snap to whip up. The children love them for an on-the-go snack and I like the additional calcium, magnesium, and fiber I’m entering into their diets.
We love these crackers on their very own or with tasty toppings … soar beneath the recipe to see some concepts!
Grain Free Cracker Recipe
You’re most likely questioning the way it’s attainable to make do-it-yourself crackers which can be grain-free, proper? Right here’s the key: pumpkin seed flour!
Advantages of Pumpkin Seed Flour (and Why I Use It)
Most of us are most likely conversant in almond flour with regards to grain-free cooking flours, however this recipe gives a substitute for the norm … pumpkin seed flour! Pumpkin seed flour could also be an uncommon ingredient but it surely has a pleasant texture and its personal spectrum of well being advantages.
Pumpkin seeds are excessive in fiber and full of vitamins like magnesium, zinc, and plant-based omega-Three fat (additionally referred to as ALA or alpha-linolenic acid). Higher but, pumpkin seeds are wealthy within the amino acid tryptophan, the precursor to the sleep hormone melatonin. Research even present pumpkin seeds assist assist a wholesome prostate in males.
The right way to Make Pumpkin Seed Flour
Pumpkin seed flour continues to be just a little robust to search out in shops , however in case you have entire pumpkin seeds readily available you may make it at house with a espresso grinder. Simply wash the grinder out very well first if it’s had espresso in it. I’ve a devoted grinder for nuts, seeds, and spices since I at all times appear to wish it for espresso! 🙂
As at all times use soaked and dehydrated seeds if attainable for finest digestion and dietary advantages. These are costly and arduous to search out already floor into flour, however right here’s soak nuts and seeds at house in case you need to strive it your self.
For this cracker recipe, I put about 1 cup uncooked pumpkin seeds into the espresso grinder and pulse till wonderful to make the quantity of flour wanted for the recipe. (If 1 cup doesn’t slot in your grinder, be happy to place in just a little at a time and repeat in batches till there’s sufficient.)
Talking of the recipe … right here’s make the crackers you crave!
Grain-Free Crackers Recipe
Yield 50 crackers
These crunchy grain-free crackers are the proper accompaniment to a dip or paired with toppings like veggies or cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 325 levels.
- Mix the almond flour, pumpkin seed flour, water, and olive oil collectively in a big bowl. Use your fingers to combine the components collectively. A mixer received’t work very properly for this recipe.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper excessive. Don’t dump it in or it received’t disperse properly.
- Roll the dough out in order that it’s skinny, then use a pointy knife or a pizza cutter to chop the crackers into squares. You’ll want to make them the identical measurement in order that they’ll cook dinner evenly.
- Bake the crackers for 15-25 minutes, relying on the thickness of the cracker.
Tip: You’ll want to watch these very intently, as almond flour burns simply.
Serving Dimension 10 crackers
Quantity Per Serving
% Each day Worth
Complete Fats 10.9 g
Saturated Fats 1.5 g
Sodium 119 mg
Complete Carbohydrates eight.four g
Dietary Fiber zero.7 g
Sugars zero.2 g
Protein Three.6 g
* % Each day Values are based mostly on a 2,00zero calorie weight-reduction plan. Your day by day values could also be larger or decrease relying in your calorie wants.
What to Eat with Grain-Free Crackers
I like these crackers by themselves, however they make an incredible automobile for nutrient-dense actual meals. Listed here are a few of my favourite recipes and concepts that go nice with these wholesome do-it-yourself crackers:
- Smoked Salmon Dip – This dip options wholesome fat and an additional enhance of protein from a secret, creamy ingredient. The standard cream cheese is changed with protein-packed cottage cheese. I promise it nonetheless tastes nearly as good (if not higher)!
- Soup – Serve on the facet of a easy tomato soup, soothing garlic soup, or my favourite rooster vegetable soup.
- Smear just a little grass-fed cream cheese and high with a veggie slice, like carrot or cucumber.
- Add a dollop of peanut, almond, or cashew butter and high with half of an apple slice for a fast snack.
- High with a slice of a wholesome model of smoked sausage with a small quantity of mustard. Spicy or grainy mustard tastes actually good right here.
- High with sardines (and possibly a little bit of cheese). For individuals who are not sure about consuming sardines, I cowl why they’re so wholesome and the way my household enjoys them right here.
- Eat with tuna salad. I additionally wish to make “tuna” salad with sardines for an additional dietary enhance.
- High with cottage cheese and sprinkle with contemporary chopped herbs. Dried herbs may even work.
Have you ever ever made grain-free crackers? How did they end up? Please share any ideas!